Senior UX Designer
System Era is looking for an enthusiastic UX Designer to join our Astroneer team! As a UX designer you will help drive and develop a huge range of exciting new features while helping to establish UX best practice at our studio. With our award-winning gameplay and terrain systems at your fingertips, you will weave a rich tapestry of activities and challenges that will excite Astroneers all over the world. The team at System Era is highly collaborative. In addition to your ability to design amazing UX, you’ll also need strong game design skills, an ability to be hands on with our tools (Unreal), and a keen artistic eye. We look for candidates who value joining a team with diverse backgrounds, experiences, interests, and viewpoints, so we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every qualification, as long as you believe you have something positive to contribute. This is a full-time position. Compensation includes salary, benefits with full medical, vision, and dental coverage, 401k with company match, generous PTO policy, participation in profit sharing, equipment budget for remote work, and may include relocation assistance. Please note that due to COVID-19, the System Era team is currently working remotely. As it becomes safe and reasonable to do so, the studio will transition to a hybrid work schedule combining both on-site and remote work. Unless otherwise noted, all our open positions will begin as remote work, but with the expectation of eventual co-location with the team in Seattle, WA. New employees from outside of Washington state will be expected to establish residency in Washington within 14 days of their start date.
- 4+ years of professional game development experience
- Portfolio of your work showcasing samples of interaction design for games or applications
- Proficiency in visualization tools such as Adobe Suite, Proto I/O or InVision.
- Experience working hands-on with tools: Unreal, Unity, Frostbite, Lithtech, Snowdrop, etc.
- An ability to establish a vision and drive quality
- A strong understanding of Player motivation analysis models: Quantic Foundry, Immersyve
- Experience as a feature team lead or similar leadership role
- Collaborate with our awesome team to deliver an amazing Astroneer player experiences
- Work with each disciple to define UX goals for new and evolving features
- Be hands on. Implement and develop 3 C’s oriented features in Unreal
- Develop and drive our accessibility-oriented initiatives
- Be an advocate for UX best practice for broad appeal, E10 audiences
- Help to align the team by creating and presenting detailed process flows, wireframes, and visual design mockups to effectively conceptualize and communicate UX needs
- Mentor, document, and drive awareness of UX standards within the studio, develop UX design workflow processes throughout feature development
- Help drive qualitative and quantitative assessment of our UX through diligent user testing and tracking
Nice To Have
- An interest in science fiction, aerospace, and space exploration
- Cross-disciplinary experience in programming or art is a plus
- An ability to find opportunities to reconcile business needs with creative vision
- You love small studio culture and a connection to the broader indie game community