Studio Operations Manager
System Era is looking for an enthusiastic operations manager to help keep our studio environment welcoming, creative, and efficient. In this role you will be the nexus of information for our team members on all things facilities, events, policies, benefits, and more. Your strongest skills are your organizational thinking, strong follow-through, collaborative spirit, and positive approach to problem solving. From keeping the office tidy, to keeping our calendar (safely) full of exciting events, to helping establish educational opportunities for the team, you are dedicated to providing creative people with an environment where they can truly thrive. This is a full time position. Compensation includes salary, benefits with full medical, vision, and dental coverage, 401k with company match, generous PTO policy, participation in profit sharing, equipment budget for remote work, and may include relocation assistance. We look for candidates who value joining a team with a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences, interests, and viewpoints. Please note that due to COVID-19, the System Era team is currently working remotely. As it becomes safe and reasonable to do so, the studio will transition to a hybrid work schedule combining both on-site and remote work. Unless otherwise noted, all of our open positions will begin as remote work, but with the expectation of eventual co-location with the team in Seattle, WA. New employees from outside of Washington state will be expected to establish residency in Washington within 14 days of their start date.
- Serve as the first point of contact for employees and external contractors for questions regarding facilities, policies, benefits, events, and more.
- Serve as point of contact for the facilities landlord, utilities, and other vendor services.
- Assist with hiring and onboarding duties including managing online job postings, coordinating interviews, and setting up new employees.
- Lead office moving and space planning efforts, executing intra-office moves as needed.
- Responsible for office shipping, mailing, inventory, billing, and maintenance requests.
- Proactively maintain and update the general office space, ensuring the studio is neat and tidy and the kitchen is well stocked.
- Foster and maintain positive team morale and engagement by (safely) planning social events, volunteer opportunities, annual company picnic, holiday party, and more.
- Assist with and promote studio educational efforts such as gamejams and training days.
- Assist employees with the logistics of a hybrid work model, including equipment purchase reimbursement and light IT support.
- 3+ years experience in an office management, operations, or administrative role, not necessarily in the games industry.
- Understanding of facilities management including managing vendors, billing, and inventory.
- High emotional intelligence and strong interpersonal skills.
- Passion for establishing and maintaining good studio culture.
- Dedication to working in a professional, inclusive, and supportive environment.
Nice To Have
- Some IT experience, specifically setting up hardware and provisioning access.
- Previous experience working in a creative industry such as games, film, television, fine arts, theater, etc.
- Human Resources training or experience.